Recruiting at Abilene
The industry has changed drastically over the years, and Abilene has embraced those changes. Drivers deserve the best equipment, fair home-time, and a personal relationship with the company’s operations staff. At Abilene, we strive to create best work environment in the business.
- The average age of our tractors is 18 months
- Home Time is measured by when the drivers actually gets home
- Driver Managers interact daily with the drivers via phone, Qualcomm, and face to face meetings
- Open door policy with Management and Company Executives
- Our drivers are the face of Abilene across the Country. These men and women are the reason for our longevity, growth, and relationships with our customers.
Abilene’s diverse customer network allows us to offer our drivers many lengths of haul, including: local, regional, and long-haul shipments.
- Our solo, over-the-road drivers average 3,000 miles per week
- Our over-the-road teams average 6,000 miles per week
- Regional drivers can expect to be on the road for 5 to 6 days, followed by 34 hours of time off
- Over-the-road drivers are generally on the road for 2 weeks, followed by 48 hours of time off
Drive the Green at Abilene and you will have other advantages as well:
- Abilene freight is 100% No-Touch to the driver
- Abilene guarantees detention pay
- Abilene freight is predominantly drop-and-hook