Innovation at Abilene
Abilene Motor Express has always been in the forefront of the innovative use of technology. The primary goal is to use technology to improve the driver experience. We pride ourselves in maintaining a late-model fleet, and offering our drivers the tools they need to get the job done.
Our drivers focus on driving
We seek to reduce the time spent in non-driving activities, in order to create a better work environment for our drivers.
- We use Transflo and Mobile Plus for scanning receipts from mobile phones and tablets
- Our entire fleet is ELD (Electronic Logging Device) equipped. This eliminates paperwork and keeps our drivers safe
- Our trucks have on-board cameras that protect our drivers from the actions of others
- We implemented Omnitracs to allow instantaneous communication with dispatch
- We designed scripts in Qualcomm to simplify communication and automatically update our TMS system
- We remotely monitor our fleet to schedule preventive maintenance shop time
The innovation extends to other areas of the business as well. Our goal is to provide continuous connectivity for our customers, vendors, and drivers:
- Our Dispatch team has been fully computerized for years
- Our TMS system has been hosted in a data center with a fail-over site since 2011
- Abilene has 3 data circuits from 3 vendors to service our home office
- We installed a digital VOIP phone solution with redundancy
- Our email is Cloud hosted and replicated among 8 separate data centers
- We constantly review systems to find single points of failure and build in redundancy
Abilene provides our customers with various means of communication and data gathering.
- EDI communication is configured for Orders, Status Updates, and Billing
- We provide online tracking of our shipments via the Web
- As of February 2015, customers have online access to: Invoices, Proof of Delivery, and Bills of Lading
- Imaging of invoices has streamlined our billing process